Shardeum July'23 Updates
Hello Shardeum Family!
Hope you had an amazing month of July ✨
The beginning of Q3’23 was full of events, partnerships, and incredible announcements for Shardeum.
Here’s how the month of July looked for us ⤵️
Diving deeper into the details👇🏻
Shardeum Sphinx network was launched on February 2nd, 2023 by our co-founders Nischal Shetty and Omar Syed, where the public demo of Sphinx was viewed by over 2.5K people live!
Our latest Betanet metrics are:
- 35k+ Max validators
- 230k+ Smart Contracts
- 800k+ Accounts
- 7.4 M + Transactions
- 180 TPS max capacity reached so far (Not network limit)
We launched a new parallel testnet for developers and the community, called the Sphinx Dapp in addition to the existing Sphinx Testnet for validators.
Dapps can use the support of our strong community to stress test their products and start acquiring users. The Shardeum tech team is simultaneously working towards stabilizing the Sphinx Validator testnet so the community can continue running nodes seamlessly.
Sphinx Dapp Metrics 📈
Sphinx Dapp 1.5.3 version was released recently and the icing on the cake is we've added support for a majority of Ethereum-compatible RPC methods including WSS eth_subscribe, allowing Dapp builders to subscribe to real-time events on the Shardeum ecosystem to build more responsive and interactive Dapps among other benefits.
Shardeum has successfully raised an oversubscribed round of $5.4MM at a valuation of $248.9MM ($1 per SHM). With this round, our cap table has become more diversified and we are so grateful to have our community’s support in making decentralization accessible to all.
This strategic raise in the midst of a bear market demonstrates confidence in Shardeum as a highly-scalable layer-1 prioritizing decentralization and security.
The announcement was covered by some esteemed media platforms all across the world like The Block, Coindesk TV, Moneycontrol, Yourstory media, Foresight News, Hindu Business Line(a top business publication in India), and more!
WazirX founder's Shardeum completes $5.4 million strategic funding round
Shardeum intends to use the funds to bolster its ecosystem and to prepare for its mainnet launch later in 2023.
Wall Street Journal - Pro VC newsletter:
Our Team organized and represented Shardeum and talked about scaling, decentralization, L1s, and more at our event during EthCC Paris week in partnership with our early supporters Axelar, Jsquare, and DFG.
During the EthCC week, Shardeum’s team of executives established some really great partnerships to grow our ecosystem and also worked together to plan for the next quarter as we approach Mainnet!
2. Our Head of Operations and Partnerships, Shahzad Nathani talked about the vision of Shardeum, and how Asia could be the next web3 giant to support and accelerate the adoption at WebX Asia!
3. Shardeum partnered with the OffChain Global Community where Nidhi Soni, our Head of Strategy and Investor Relations, talked about Shardeum, dynamic state sharding, proof of community initiatives, OCC approach, and more!
The Shardeum community is growing rapidly and is expanding to more countries like Japan, Philippines, Singapore & Indonesia.
We are a community of over 800k community members across various social channels such as Discord, Twitter(or X), Telegram, and Reddit!
Shardeum has become the fastest-growing testnet in the world with the support of our community. And this month we crossed 200K followers on Twitter!
We have completed over 195 Proof of Community events and in July we organized 14 events across India, Nigeria and Kenya!
50+ Shardeum Leagues, 1 mission. Decentralization for everyone.
Shardeum Leagues are community-run groups that are spreading awareness about Shardeum across the world and share its vision of decentralization for everyone.
Shardeum is Borderless campaign - guest blog, translations & video content aims to introduce/engage non-English speakers around the world to/with the project. Here is one of the creative contents received from a Shardeum community member under the program recently.
Shardeum’s content/marketing team has accomplished a major milestone by publishing 250+ blogs on its blogsite in the website excluding news and partner announcements. The blogs so far have 260K blog views, 210K impact reading minutes, 130K unique visitors from 160+ countries.
Right from involving the community members to strategizing SEO execution, the team focused on creating meaningful content for beginners in Web3, those interested in knowing more about Shardeum technology, and creating tutorials for builders to deploy Dapps on Shardeum among others. Feedback like this is a testimony to Shardeum’s OCC principle.
- 170+ projects are a part of the Shardeum ecosystem. This includes products that are live on Shardeum today and those that have agreed to support Shardeum and will be live soon.
- To expand our ecosystem, this month we have partnered with AirLyft.One, Kalki Swap, Galacticore, Aeroscraper, DappLooker, Asetpay, Arcana network, Ylide Social Hub, Task On, AdLunam, DATS Project, Binocs, and Bion.
Shardeum is home to several researchers, engineers, content creators, designers, digital marketers, and Web3 enthusiasts. They are in charge of bringing a high level of decentralization to billions of people for a more equitable society.
- We would love your support in Shardeum's ecosystem growth.
If you are looking to build an application from social to DEX to any category, consider deploying your project on Shardeum
- The Shardeum Foundation will continue to make further improvements to both the Sphinx testnets. In the meantime, we would appreciate all the help from everyone to test out the Sphinx Validator 1.5.2 network.
- Shardeum is looking for Security Engineers, Software Engineers, and General applicants with a drive to make decentralization accessible to all! Check out our current Job Openings for more 👇🏻
That’s it for this month!
August is going to be the month of key partnerships, expanding our community in the US, and some solid progress on the Shardeum Sphinx Dapp side which we cannot wait to share. 🙌🏻
Please reach out to email@example.com with any thoughts or questions!