Shardeum Oct'23 Updates
Greetings Shardeum Fam!
Hope you had a remarkable month of October 🙌🏻
The onset of Q4'23 brought forth a whirlwind of Shardeum events, strategic partnerships, and amazing announcements for Shardeum. As we look back on the incredible strides made by the Shardeum team throughout October, we are excited to share our recent accomplishments and developments.
Here's a glance at what transpired this month: ⤵️
Diving deeper into the details👇🏻
On February 2nd, 2023, the Sphinx Validator network (Betanet) was unveiled by our co-founders, Nischal Shetty and Omar Syed. The public demo drew an impressive live audience of over 2.5K viewers!
Sphinx Validator 1.7.2 is LIVE, featuring crucial updates such as resolving native crash issues, fixing nodes stuck in syncing mode, and enhancing node local time calculations.
To date, Shardeum has garnered over 955K testnet users, with 8.8M transactions and 235K+ Smart Contracts on the network. Since the latest launch, we have over 10K nodes running on Shardeum Sphinx!
Here, try running your own node: Run Shardeum Validator Node
And do let us know your feedback!
In June’23, we launched a new parallel testnet for developers and the community, called the Sphinx Dapp in addition to the existing Sphinx network for validators. We just launched Sphinx Dapp 1.7.1 and this update includes:
- Performance fixes to resolve a stability issue detected in prior networks.
- Additional logging to cover areas of the network that were blind spots.
- Minor fixes to the robustness of the validator when joining the network.
The roadmap outlines a comprehensive view of the crucial features that need to be completed to ensure a successful mainnet launch. With each feature categorized, described, and assigned tentative go-live dates for both the Sphinx Dapp and Sphinx Validator, the roadmap offers a clear peek into the team’s progress.
Shardeum Mainnet Roadmap
Latest releases: Sphinx Dapp 1.7.1 Sphinx Validator 1.7.2 **Dates mentioned are tentative
The Notion board will be updated regularly with the latest developments. We look forward to your participation in helping us shape the network’s future.
1. In our ongoing efforts to strengthen and expand our community, we have successfully organized and completed Shardeum #ProofOfCommunity events in over 25 cities in Nigeria🇳🇬.
Our most recent #POC event in Lagos, Nigeria marked Shardeum's 40th meetup in the 27th city of Nigeria. To date, we have organized 40 events with over 1,600 attendees in Nigeria and achieved a remarkable social reach of over 485,000!
2. We recently hosted our 2nd #POC event in Hanoi, Vietnam🇻🇳 in partnership with the fantastic DesigLabs Team.
3. This month, we organized our first-ever #POC event in NYC🗽🇺🇸, and in partnership with Koala Wallet, one of our most active ecosystem partners from the US. This event was a great success with over 35 people in attendance!
4. #POC Backpacking India
The "Proof Of Community Backpacking India" is a unique edition of the larger Proof of Community meetups, with a specific focus on introducing students to the world of web3.
We have completed over 268 Proof of Community events and in October we organized 19 events across India, Nigeria, and Vietnam!
Now, we're gearing up for one of India's largest #POC events in Bangalore, scheduled for the 9th of December during Eth India🇮🇳.
We look forward to your presence during the event. Please register here:
5. Shardeum Newsletter
We are pleased to announce, that we have reached a significant milestone of over 100,000 subscribers to the Shardeum newsletter.
6. Shardeum is Borderless
We launched an initiative to stimulate the growth of Web3 beyond the English-speaking population. The community can publish any language blogs and videos on popular media platforms about Shardeum.
To date, we have received over 750 blogs and video submissions by contributors from 45+ countries across 35+ languages!
- 150+ projects are a part of the Shardeum ecosystem. This includes products that are live on Shardeum today and those that have agreed to support Shardeum and will be live soon.
- To expand our ecosystem, this month we have partnered with CopperX, Shardstarter, Akka Finance and Dumbsterssss.
- Shardeum Masterclass on Huddle01 - Our DevRel engineer from India, Sandipan Kundu, hosted an in-depth 3-hour long workshop on getting started with Solidity, writing a smart contract & deploying it on Sphinx testnet.
1. Our co-founder, Nischal Shetty, presented a talk about Shardeum and the need for a scalable Layer1 for mass adoption at Blockchain Life Dubai 2023. His presence was also featured in Yahoo Finance!
2. Nischal Shetty engaged in a conversation with the DealFlow team, a podcast by MH Ventures, discussing community building in web3.
3. Nischal was also recently interviewed by Vera Voron, CEO of Creators Agency, where he discussed 'ETC', a marketing framework used in all three of his startups to facilitate growth.
4. Shardeum’s VP of People, Jereme Holiman was featured in Financial Express, discussing how web3 is changing the Job Markets. Jereme also participated in a podcast with Springwork’s Shape of Work where they discussed the philosophy and promises of web3 startups.
The future of work: How Web3.0 is changing the job market
In Web3.0 technologies, data ownership and privacy seem to be prioritised
#498: Jereme Holiman on the philosophy and promise of Web 3.0 startups and the tech startup world - The Shape of Work
"Operating under constraints is a reality at this stage, and sometimes, I have to be the bearer of tough news, allocating resources judiciously. It's about making the most with what we have and priori
5. Shardeum’s whitepaper release announcement was covered in Odaily (a prominent Chinese media) & Blockbeats.
Odaily星球日报讯 WazirX联合创始人Nischal Shetty在X平台发文表示，公链项目Shardeum白皮书将于11月8日由该项目技术联合创始人Omar Syed发布。 此前消息，Shardeum于去年10月完成1820万美元种子轮融资，之后于今年7月完成540万美元的战略融资。
- We are LIVE with Sphinx Validator 1.7.2! Try running a node: Run Shardeum Validator Node
and help us with your feedback to make decentralization accessible to all!
- Shardeum Whitepaper is LIVE!
Please read here and provide us with your valuable feedback 👉🏻 http://shm.gg/whitepaper
- Your presence would be of great value at Proof Of Community, Bangalore happening on December 9th, 2023.
Please RSVP here - https://lu.ma/india-biggest-poc
- We would love your support in Shardeum's ecosystem growth.
If you are looking to build an application from social to DEX to any category, consider deploying your project on Shardeum
- We are hiring for new roles such as DevOps, QA engineer, Security Engineer, Software Engineer, and more!
Please check our careers page for more details: https://shardeum.org/careers/
That’s it for this month!
November is going to be filled with amazing announcements, and some solid progress on the Shardeum Sphinx Validator side which we cannot wait to share. 🙌🏻
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any thoughts or questions!